Thursday, May 24, 2012

Flowers & My garden 5.24.12

I'm jumping way ahead on my posts (I'll fill in the gap later). But these pictures are actually from TODAY! Can you believe it?? Yeah! I just wanted to show some of my flowers and garden since I don't think I've shown anyone before.
 This is the pretty hanging flowers Matthew got me for Mother's Day.

 This is my first Iris that has bloomed from the bulbs that my Mother in-law, Mary sent me. Which means, these beauties are all the way from Michigan! It's a very pretty light lavender color. I love irises!! Thanks Ma!

 These are my garden beds with the plants in them!

 Tomatoes are coming on!

 It has been quite a learning experience and challenge with these gardens. First I just wanted to plant so many different kinds of veggies that I didn't really have enough room in all four of my beds. So some things are planted really close. I have had to thin some plants out. Then the cabbage moth worms invaded my cabbage plants, broccoli and kale. So We've been having to check plants every day for worms, and pull the little suckers off.

 Some things I have been worried haven't been doing too well. Which has been frustrating for me after all of the research I've done. But my lettuce is thriving! I'm happy about that! 

 My string bean plants. These ones are the purple ones.

 Summer squash blossom.

Cucumber blossom. Can you see a little friend hiding?

No comments: